We’re absolutely delighted to announce that The Piano is now available right here on Steam!
This marks the culmination of five years of hard work, by a tiny team in our spare time, and we’re super pleased with what we’ve managed to put together. It’s been an incredible journey, and we really hope you enjoy the game as much as we’ve enjoyed making it.
If you enjoy The Piano, there are two things you can do that will be a particularly great help.
1) Tell your friends! Tweet about the game, post about it on your Facebook, talk to your friends. Word of mouth is an incredibly powerful tool and it would be utterly brilliant if you could help us out with that.
2) Leave a Steam review! Steam reviews have been shown to measurably impact players’ purchasing decisions, and having positive reviews on our Steam page will make more players decide to give it a go. So if you like the game, and think others will too, leave us a review!
As some of you will know, we had to move the release date by a couple of weeks due to some last-minute unexpected technical hitches. We’ve managed to get the majority of these resolved, to the extent that we’re happy to launch the game, but we do want to make you aware of a few small issues and what we intend to do about them.
We’ve done our very best to make the game as stable and bug-free as possible — but as a tiny unfunded team without a QA department, we know we’ll have missed some stuff. As such, we plan to issue regular patches over the first few weeks, to iron out any final creases that might be found.
We’re already working on the first patch, which is due to be released within the next week. Below is a list of issues that will be addressed by that patch. If you find any other bugs, please email them to email@example.com and we’ll add them to the patch list!
Below is a list of issues we’ve found over the past few days, for which we are already working on fixes to be patched in the coming days.
- Game very occasionally freezes / black-screens on level transition. Closing the app and re-loading will allow you to start from the point at which the game froze.
- At the end of the ‘Garden’ area at the boat, when asked ‘Do you wish to leave this area?’, selecting ‘no’ will make you permanently stuck. Please always say ‘yes’ here until the first patch!
- Occasional framerate drops in ‘Garden’ area.
- It is possible to skip part of ‘The Way Is Blocked’ puzzle in Dark Alleys.
- Using ‘laudanum’ from inventory screen sometimes erroneously uses ‘pills’ instead (only once per inventory open). This issue does not affect keyboard/controller hotkeys.
- Two ‘oil-drenched torches’ appear in the inventory on collection – should only be one.